This Page Under Construction by YOU
Science Fiction Conventions or "Cons"
- Information Tables
- Information Flyers
- Vertical Items
- Eye-catching 3-D items
- Stand up displays
- Models, dioramas, etc.
- Programming Contributions
- Panel Discussions
- Other Activities
- Room Parties
- Star parties
- Charity auction donations
- Awards - e.g. for best "frontier fiction" short story or art
- Con-Com Duty - paying your dues, speaking for tasks perhaps unrelated but which might serve chapter purposes
- Con Advertising and Promotions
- Getting Sponsors for awards and prizes
- Setting up School essay, fiction, and art competitions
- Learning how to do Operations
- Running the Dealers Room or Art Show
- Team up with another Chapter to do a local or regional "Con"
- Do a "con" in a neighboring city without a chapter and use it as a venue to call a chapter organizing meeting of area Society members
Make_It_So.pdf - Here is a flyer that is esecially appropriate for your info table at a Science fiction Convention - download file from the pdf directory
Chapters who regularly "do cons" - where to go for advice
- Chicago Space Frontier Society c/o Larry Ahearn, Bill Higgins
- Chicago North Shore Space Society c/o Jeffrey Liss
- Lunar Reclamation Society (NSS-Milwaukee) c/o Peter Kokh
- Philadelphia Area Space Alliance c/o Earl Bennett
- Oregon L5 Society c/o Bryce Walden
- New York Moon Society c/o Ian Randal Strock
- Let us know if your chapter "does cons"