Meal Events -
Special Events -
( = new or revised less than a week ago)
(Last updated on October 31, 2004)
No conference can be prepared for and executed without the help of many
people volunteering their time and energy. This conference is
being hosted by the
L5 Society chapter of the
National Space Society,
and to-date more than ten HAL5 officers and members have participated in
conference planning activities.
Volunteers Needed at Conference
Conference execution time is of course when volunteers are
needed the most. To volunteer, please send an email message to
Volunteer Coordinator Rebecca Smith.
Volunteer Total Time Requirements and Benefits
- 8 hours -- free conference registration
- 16 hours -- above plus 1-year HAL5 membership
- 24 hours -- above plus 1-year NSS membership
Volunteer Tasks for Inside the Hotel
- Registration Table and 2nd Floor helpers
- A/V equipment handlers and operators
- Meal event ticket takers and helpers
- Badge checkers and room helpers
- Operations Room and 1st Floor helpers
- Elevator and high Room (525, 625) helpers
Volunteer Tasks for Outside the Hotel
- Minivan drivers to shuttle folks within Huntsville
- Tour event ticket takers and helpers
Guidelines for Conference Volunteers
- Be polite
- Handle all A/V equipment, computers, and radios with care
- Speak softly into radios when in or near on-going sessions
- Watch for conference registrants in need
- Call for backup if you need to take a short break
- Pay attention to your task, but remember to have fun!
- Participate in conference sessions and meetings as desired
- Feel free to sit down if there is an available seat
- Yield your seat to a paying registrant if room is full
- Temporarily fill-in for a volunteer that needs a short break
- Be prepared to help out in an emergency
Thank You to our Volunteers to-date:
||HAL5 Treasurer and Webmaster
||HAL5 Communications Chair
||Middle Tennessee Space Society
||NSS Executive Director
November 11, 2004
Version 23 of the Session Talks Status is now available.
We are working hard to finalize speakers, so expect daily updates.
Version 23 of the Conference Schedule is now available.
Chris Faranetta of
has just agreed to be our speaker for the Saturday dinner!
Read the Valley Planet article on the conference!